Wednesday, August 31, 2011

MrsDrPoe: Ms. Nowell

For the latest edition of Poes' Pals, I present to you Ms. Nowell:


Ms. Nowell is another friend from Mississippi that Mr. Poe and I have known for several years; we first met her shortly after she moved from the great state of Texas. She is a joy to be around, and we greatly admire her desire to serve the Lord and her drive to work hard at any task she begins.

Often Ms. Nowell invites her classmates to Bible studies and shows hospitality by gathering fellow students to the home she shares with her grandfather- I remember many an enjoyable evening of Rock Band and karaoke there. She has also had to make some difficult choices in order to better align her life with the patterns found in Biblical examples and teaching, which is a great encouragement to all who are around her. Currently, Ms. Nowell is participating in a nursing program in which she is doing quite well. When she finishes, I know she will be such a blessing to the babies and families she'll work with wherever she chooses to get a job!

If I've said it before, I've said it a million times, Mr. Poe and I miss Ms. Nowell and all of our Starkville family very much!

Special thanks to Ms. K. Davis for use of her fabulous photography skills.

0 comments:

Post a Comment