Thursday, March 8, 2012

MrsDrPoe: Paradise

It's once again Theology Thursday, and as always, I invite you to open your Bibles with me as we look at another portion of God's word.

My thoughts today once again come from listening to the radio during this week's travels.  The Coldplay song, Paradise, was on, and Mr. Poe and I were singing along.  Several times in the lyrics, it's said that the girl who's the subject of the song is disappointed by the world and dreams of paradise every time she closes her eyes.  Thought I've listen to and sang the song numerous times, this time it made me think...what is the "paradise" I think of when I close my eyes?

In the New King James version of the Bible, heaven is referred to as "Paradise" 3 times (Luke 23:43, 2 Cor 12:4, and Rev 2:7).  No matter what the answer is when we ask ourselves about what we long for and dream about, as Christians this should be the paradise that we think of continually- especially when we're disappointed with the discouragement and sin in the world.

After thinking about these things, I decided that my goal this month will be to dwell more on heaven.  I hope you'll join me! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment