Wednesday, July 13, 2011

MrsDrPoe: Total Money Makeover

The next reading review is on...Dave Ramsey's "Total Money Makeover: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness"


This was given to us by a very good friend as a wedding present; since we're considering making some major financial decisions in the near future, I figured that now would be a great time to read it.

This book was a fairly easy read; as I read I felt like Mr. Ramsey was sitting there talking to me. I learned a great deal about leasing, mortgages, life insurance, and investing (among other things) on a basic level that even someone without any type of business background (like me) could understand. Whereas I would say we are not/will not be following the Total Money Makeover plan with "gazelle intensity," this book has definitely provided us with some valuable knowledge and suggestions. I would recommend this book to anyone who uses money, especially those with any amount of debt in their name.

There were a few things I did not like about this book, however. For instance, I (personally) do not respond well to Mr. Ramsey's type of military-type motivation, i.e. calling people stupid (when I have a poor workout or spend more money that I should, etc. I am very hard on myself, and positive encouragement from others helps a great deal in doing better next time). Also, the book had a very prideful, materialistic air to it (in my opinion).

0 comments:

Post a Comment