Wednesday, September 12, 2012

MrsDrPoe: On Becoming Babywise

I have another parenting book for this week's Reading Review!  Here's "On Becoming Babywise: Giving Your Infant the Gift of Nighttime Sleep" by Gary Ezzo, M.A. and Robert Bucknam, M.D.


While I can't fully recommend it (yet), I can't WAIT to put the material presented in this book to use!  The "parent directed feeding" (PDF) method seems to be a very logical 'best of both worlds' approach to feeding an infant that also has the benefit of getting the family on a schedule that allows plenty of sleep for all.  You know Mr. Poe and I are all about our sleep.

The book is an easy read, full of tips, tricks, doable goals, and answers to questions and issues that frequently come up.  As you can imagine, there is a LOT of material in this work; I would definitely recommend purchasing the book to keep as a reference (I found several copies at a local thrift store).  A sample schedule outline and baby nourishment tracking charts are included.

I'm also looking forward to reading the second and third installments of the series, and I hope you are too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment