Wednesday, June 22, 2011

MrsDrPoe: Mr. Hinds

Good morning all! Today we'll be continue our Poes' Pals series with a very special friend of ours...Mr. Hinds:

We have known Mr. Hinds for many, many years. Our terms at MSU overlapped for a time, so we were school mates, as well as friends, and family-in-Christ. He was also my neighbor the year before I became Mrs. Poe- Sascha loved to visit him and clean up his crumbs.

Mr. Hinds has been a great encouragement and example to us. He is always concerned with helping others and would never dream of inconveniencing anyone. For instance, in the summer of 2007, I went out to San Diego for the annual ASME fluids conference. I had no car, so Mr. Hinds (who was in north Cali at the time) drove down to take me to Bible study the Sunday that I was there. He then proceeded to chauffeur two of my colleagues and me around the city for the day. Please keep in mind that this is just one example- he has put countless miles on his car over the years to preach, teach and edify others.

We fondly remember his goofiness as well. He loves to sleep in odd places, like on the washing machine and in the beds (oil-filled or otherwise) of pick-ups. And he occasionally has the taste for exotic vegetation. Of course, Mr. Hinds also knew when to be serious. It is largely because of his efforts that this weekly college study first started in a home several years ago. He has laughed with us, cried with us, and rejoiced with us, and we are very thankful to know him!

0 comments:

Post a Comment