Wednesday, July 20, 2011

MrsDrPoe: The Wolgemuths

For this week's edition of Poes' Pals, I'm cheating again. Meet my grandparents...the Wolgemuths.

The Wolgemuths are amazing people. Grandpapa (or Dr.) Wolgemuth is a fantastic engineer and professor; he has a list of accolades as long as I am tall. I have a great deal of respect for my grandfather; he is my inspiration for my chosen degree and profession, and he has always been there to help me better understand any articles or subject matter if I have issues. Grandmama Wolgemuth is a wonderful wife and mother. She made clothes for her kids when they were young; she volunteers, knits, cooks, cleans, gardens, cans...and the list goes on and on. I have a so much respect for her as well; she is a great role model.

Just about every time I visit Grandpapa and Grandmama Wolgemuth I learn something new. Their current projects include the summer gardening and "grooming" their forest; when they have time, my grandfather turns wood while my grandmother creates beautiful watercolor masterpieces:


I am so happy that I have been able to be around and learn from the Wolgemuths, and I hope that I can be for my grandkids what they were to me and my siblings!

0 comments:

Post a Comment