Friday, May 6, 2011

MrsDrPoe: Recent Goings On

Good morning! It's Foto Friday here on the blog! Today I have chosen to upload pictures of my fuzzy babies and the progress of two of the Poe family "hobbies." Another disclaimer: I am not a professional photographer (by any stretch of the imagination), but these pictures are all my own. I hope you appreciate the subject more than the artistry behind them ;).

This is Sascha - a long-haired Dachshund and our oldest. She firmly believes that she is a princess and claims to have total authority over the household.
This is Layla - a Great Dane and our youngest. She is just fine with being a follower, and she is always at my side...
See?
Together they make for some pretty hilarious stories!

The first hobby to be discussed today is one of mine - gardening.

I have 2 tomato plants potted on the patio...And they're already producing! I've got 4 green ones so far- definitely the best growing season I've had yet!The rest of the garden consists of 2 green bell pepper plants, a rose bush, sweet basil, cilantro, 1 strawberry plant, oregano and rosemary. Yay!
Completely separate from my efforts is a beautiful purple clematis vine...

And a beautiful flowering cactus!


Now onto Mr. Poe's hobby - cars. We have a 1985 Toyota 1 ton pickup that we got from my parents right before we got married in 2008. It's probably our most reliable vehicle, but it needed a little tlc on the outside. Here are the "before" pix:


Mr. Poe and Papa Poe made a make-shift paint booth in Papa Poe's basement. Here are some "during" pix:

I think the finished product looks pretty fabulous! Good job Poe men!

0 comments:

Post a Comment